Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Countdown to Italy, India and Tanzania!!!

Six shots later and I am fully inoculated and ready for a whirlwind trip to Italy, India and Tanzania! In Italy I will accompany one of my best friends to a wedding in Bagni di Lucca, a small village in Tuscany. It is described as a "charming little Spa town, nestling in the green valley of the river Lima at the foot of the Apennines, which lie between Tuscany and Emilia." Sounds pretty great to me!

Following Italy I will make my way to Bangalore, India to meet with my Unitus colleagues and team for a week and a half. I am looking forward to a still TBD weekend trip in which I hope to see some of the more rural areas of India.

I will continue on to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to meet an MFI and provide them with strategic and operational consulting. They sound like an amazing organization and it will be a great opportunity for me to learn about the challenges of microfinance in East Africa. And I of course can't wait for my first visit to Africa, although it will just be for a short six days. I travel to Dar via Dubai - so I hope to be able to see some of that city as well.

I have never done a blog before, but I thought it would be fun to take you along with me on this fun adventure!

5 comments:

Krista Grinstein said...

The Grinsteins' can't wait to read about your exciting trip. Travel safely Cath!

Carl said...

Hey,
So how'd the airfare route workout?
I'm in tokyo and angry at NWA again

Neeru said...

I'm sorry I wont get to see you in Bangalore this time (as I'll be soaking in the African Sun).... but i KNOW youll have a great weekend trip (among others)... take care and have loads of fun.. I'm waiting to see all the pictures!

Judy S. said...

Great beginnings, Catherine! Now you'll have to add some photos! Hugs from Chicago!

Carl said...

Catherine,
good blogs have lots of new content....
Not my opinion, just what the blogosphere reality is
Jim added you to his link