Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flying into Kampala, over Lake Victoria


I flew into Kampala, Uganda last night. It was a beautiful flight in, these are picture of Lake Victoria with the sun going down. Lake Victoria is the world's second largest lake and the source of the River Nile. It also has many islands, which are visible in these photos. Unfortunately I am not that great at taking pictures from the plane!

I am excited to spend time in Uganda, it is very beautiful, hilly and green. Kampala reminds me of San Francisco, it is said to be built on 7 hills. The traffic however - I haven't seen it this bad since Bangkok!

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice photo, and glad you made it safely. Hugs!

jane said...

What beautiful photos. I will be looking foward to updates of what your daily experiences are while in Uganda. Auntie Jane